Required Documents For UK Skilled Worker Visa

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

your certificate of sponsorship reference number - your employer will give you this proof of your knowledge of English a valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality your job title and annual salary your job’s occupation code the name of your employer and their sponsor licence number - this will be on your certificate of sponsorship Ask your employer for a copy of your certificate of sponsorship if you do not have one.

Other documents you might need

Depending on your circumstances, you might be asked to provide:

  • evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)
  • proof of your relationship with your partner or children if they’re applying with you
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
  • a criminal record certificate - if you’re working in certain jobs
  • a valid ATAS certificate if your employer tells you that you need one because your job involves
  • researching a sensitive subject at PhD level or higher
  • your UK PhD certificate, or your unique Ecctis reference number (formerly unique UK NARIC reference number) if your qualification is from outside the UK - you’ll need to apply through Ecctis
  • You’ll need a blank page in your passport for your visa if you’re:
  • from outside the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
  • from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein but do not have a biometric passport with a chip in it
  • If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll also need to provide a certified translation.

    Criminal record certificate

    You’ll need to provide a criminal record certificate if you’re applying from outside the UK and you work in:

    • education, for example teachers, education advisers and school inspectors, childminders, teaching assistants
    • healthcare, for example nurses, doctors, paramedics, managers, pharmacists, dentists and dental nurses, ophthalmic opticians
    • therapy, for example psychologists, speech and language therapists, counsellors
    • social services, for example social workers, managers, probation officers, welfare and housing officers

    If you’ve lived in more than one country

    You might need to provide a certificate from each country you’ve lived in, depending on your age and how long you stayed in each country.

    If you’re under 28, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in for a total of 12 months or more since you turned 18.

    If you’re 28 or over, you’ll need a certificate from any country you’ve stayed in over the last 10 years.

    Want to know more about Uk Skilled Worker visa Click Here