uk tier5 visa

UK Tier 5 Visa for Temporary Workers

The Tier 5 visa allows you entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances. If you are from one of the small number of Countries whose nationals can come under the Youth Mobility Scheme you can gain entry without a job offer. For a number of the other Tier 5 visa categories, you must have a job offer from a licensed sponsor and you must pass a points-based assessment. The Tier 5 visa categories are as follows:

Youth mobility scheme: For young people from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco, and Taiwan who want to come and experience life in the UK.

Creative and Sporting: For people coming to work or perform in the UK for up to 12 months as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists. Sportspeople must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or their job must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level.

Charity Workers: For people coming to do voluntary (unpaid) work for a charity in the UK.The work must be directly related to the sponsor organisation's work. Religious Workers:For people coming to the UK for preaching, pastoral or non-pastoral work,or work in a religious order such as a monastery or convent.

Government Authorised Exchange: For people coming to the UK through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice, and to experience the UK's social and cultural life. This category must not be used to fill job vacancies or to bring unskilled labour to the UK

International Agreement: For people coming to the UK under contract to do work that is covered under international law. This includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements, employees of overseas governments and international organisations, and private servants in diplomatic households.

Youth Mobility Scheme

This is a good visa for young people eager to experience living and working in the UK. The Tier 5 visa allows young people from certain participating countries entry to live and work in the UK for up to two years. However, there are only a relatively small number of countries whose nationals are eligible to apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa category; These are Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Monaco, and Taiwan. Your national government will be considered your sponsor during your stay.

The youth mobility scheme is for young people from participating countries and territories who want to come and experience life in the UK. Every year, the UK government allocates a specific number of places for each country and territory.

You can also apply under the scheme if you are a:
  • British overseas citizen
  • British overseas territories citizen, or
  • British national (overseas)

In this case, you will not need a sponsor, and there is no limit on the number of places on the scheme.